If you need help, POWA is here for you. Don’t hesitate to call us.
Contact number: 011 642 4345/6
POWA provides the following services to women who have experienced violence:
- Individual face-to-face counselling
- Group counselling and telephonic counselling
- Short-term sheltering
Women can access our counselling through our branch offices. We currently have 6 satellite offices and 2 confidential shelters. Our offices are strategically located in areas for women from economically disadvantaged communities and women from the Johannesburg inner city for easy to access services.
As part of our commitment to ensuring women’s access to their legal rights, we strive to provide comprehensive legal assistance to women through offering the following legal services:
- Court preparation for women due to act as witnesses in cases of abuse
- Court support which includes accompanying women to court and assisting women fill out court documents as required
- Maintenance and protection order application assistance